The Hunt is Over
The buyer of this unique and very private cottage in the heart of West Mackay, will benefit from all the hard work and expertise of previous owners who managed to combine the charm of yesteryear with modern conveniences. Maximising open spaces and functionality, every zone flows perfectly to the next, capturing all aspects of living and entertaining.
Carefully planned with attention to detail, the home oozes character. The design works in harmony with its environment and easy-care gardens. There will be no shortage of family and friends wanting to gather around the pool, the perfect retreat after a hectic week. Put your feet up, sit back, relax & indulge. Cocktail hour, wood fired pizzas, fabulous company and the music of your favourite band.
Gorgeous features and benefits for you to enjoy in this home includes:
- The front facade is be spoke of an era full of archways, fretwork, and everything fancy
- Delightful front porch ready for the morning coffee and catching up on the news or favourite magazine
- You will be thrilled with the formal lounge with hoop pine floorboards, high ceilings, tongue and groove walls, pendant lighting and enchanting archway leading to the dining room
- Plenty of room for the six-seater dining room table and sideboard table of your choice
- Adjacent to the dining, a neat and functional kitchen in the hub of the home. Plenty of cupboard and bench space for those who love to cook
- The kitchen leads to multiple areas - the study nook, the lounge, the dining and the downstairs second living. The parents can oversee children very easily
- The high ceilings create a sense of space that we all love in the old cottages
- The hoop pine floorboards are easy to care for and any designer furniture will complement the current colour palette. Some buyers may choose an upgrade of paint selection and choose a more Hamptons or crisp white look
- To the left of the lounge is a hotel style master suite with air-conditioning
- Three other bedrooms each with French doors and majority with air conditioning
- A few steps down a huge family room with second toilet, perfect for Saturday night Netflix and popcorn nights
- Resort style outdoor living which incorporates alfresco patio, plus saltwater pool, and gazebo. So much fun to be had
- Garden shed for tinkering
- Easy care gardens and lawns with side access and room for a shed
- 815m2 block, fully fenced for the pets
- Unrivalled location in blue ribbon suburb and within walking distance to schools, parks, transport and shopping centres
With its unmistakable quality and clever design, this "one off" classic cottage offers easy living and a comfortable lifestyle for the executive couple, single, family or the empty nesters wanting to downsize without compromising on quality and charm. Call Sales Consultant Leanne Druery from RE/MAX Results for your private inspection today!