Lovely home on a large corner block zoned for development, with dual living potential!
This is a great opportunity to have an house on a large corner block, newly renovated, in an area zoned for development. Either you want to live in it now, or just to rent it for a few years before building a small apartment building, the choice is all yours; the Logan City Council definitely wants more development in this pocket area of Underwood, across the road from Springwood.
The house is in very good condition, and previous owner did a lovely renovation. Under the house is a small home hoffice, with three rooms plus bathroom and toilet, that could also accommodate older parents in total autonomy and privacy. These three rooms, though quite comfortable, could not be named bedrooms and living area due to the non-compliance of the legal height requirement, just a few cm lower.
The next level, accessible from the outside, is the core of this property, with another three bedrooms plus spacious renovated bathroom, kitchen, spacious living area plus sun deck. From the dining room facing the kitchen, you access to the covered patio at the back, ideal for a the family's Sunday BBQ, with a large back garden and green for the growing kids. The 3x3m shed is convenient to keep the tools, and the massive carport will easily accommodate a truck, boat or caravan. The large shade sail over the driveway offers shelter from the elements for your vehicles. A second entrance, on the over corner, gated, makes it easier to drive more vehicles to the back garden.
This property is located within the Springwood Master Plan area and its' value is set to increase as the local council promotes inner city growth to turn Springwood into a major city between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. It is zoned as Medium density, Medium Rise, maximum building height 25m, with a density of 140 dwellings per 10,000m2, that means for this block being of 698m2, so council will allow up to 10 dwellings on this block.
For your information, please understand the term dwelling as per the Logan City Council:
1 apartment of 1bed = 0.5 dwelling
1 apartment of 2bed = 0.7 dwelling
1 apartment of 3beds and more = 1 dwelling.
So for example we could have the following combination:
4 apartments of 1 bedroom = 2 dwellings (2 x 0.5)
10 apartments of 2 bedrooms = 7 dwellings (10 x 0.7)
1 penthouse (4 bedrooms) on last level = 1 dwelling
These 15 apartments are the equivalent of just 10 dwellings, as authorised by the Logan City Council in this density area. Please call Reg or Merinda Kim for an inspection.
- 3 generous sized bedrooms with robes and ceiling fans
- Air conditioned
- Large living area, kitchen and bathroom
- Extra sunroom/study
- Large laundry area
- Home office under the house with bathroom and toilet, with potential to become a granny flat as it is already renovated
- New flooring and paint inside and out
- Large corner block: 698m2, zoned for medium rise, approximately 15 apartments (25m height maximum)
- Walking distance to Springwood shopping, Springwood Hotel, Busway and schools
- Newly build bicycle track (not completed yet), will bring you safely on your bike to the Brisbane CBD, right from your door steps
- The Logan Library and Aquatic centre are just around the corner
- Direct access to all freeways, to Brisbane CBD or to the Gold Cost, and to Airport terminals and Sunshine Coast via the Gateway motorway.